West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s ambition is to make West Yorkshire safer.
It’s important that you know the risk of flooding in your area, prepare where necessary and act safely if flooding occurs.
During flooding West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service:
- Have plans in place to ensure a response to fires, road traffic collisions and other emergency types during flooding
- Prioritise calls where lives may be at risk through a risk of fire or other emergencies. Where lives are not at immediate risk, our partner organisations may be better placed to help
- Will rescue people who are at risk and assist with evacuations of buildings
- Will work with the Local Resilience Forum, community safety partnerships and partner organisations to protect important sites such as hospitals and power stations
- Will work with other organisations such as blue light partners and utility companies to ensure public safety